What you should have:
- 1 recycling container
- 1 garbage container
Containers must be placed 3 feet apart and 3 feet away from other objects such as a mailbox.
Note: Waste Management will only pick up items that fit inside the container. Items placed outside of or next to the container will not be picked up. Waste Management will not pick up large items. More details below:
Please have all garbage and recycling curbside by 6:00 a.m. Garbage is picked up every Monday. Recycling is picked up according to the schedule. Yard waste is picked up on the same day as recycling annually from mid April through the mid November. Yard waste must be bagged in brown paper bags.
Yard Waste Pickup
Yard waste will be picked up beginning April 13, 2020 through November 23, 2020. The yard waste should be placed in brown paper bags that are available at local stores. The bags should not exceed 50 pounds each. The yard waste will be picked up the same day as recycling.
Christmas Tree Pickup
Christmas trees are picked up only once. Christmas tree pickup is scheduled for Saturday, January 9, 2021. The garbage and recycling schedule contains the date.
Printable Winnebago County Recycling Guidelines for 2021:
- 2021 WC Waste Recycling Guide
- 2021 WC Household Hazardous Collection Facility –
- 2021 Clean Sweep [Canceled]
- Banned Recycle Items Banned from Landfills
- Household Battery Recycling List
- Household Sharps (Needles) Disposal Guide
- E Cycle Wisconsin Brochure
Please Recycle These Items in Accordance with the Following Guidelines:
- Milk, Juice & Soup Cartons
- Cardboard & Paperboard (i.e.- cereal box)
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Junk Mail & Office Paper
- Phone Books, Books, Magazines & Catalogs
- Shredded Paper (Put in brown paper bag and stapled shut)
Does Not Accept
- Tissue Paper
- Paper Contaminated by Food or Grease
- Flatten and cut cardboard to no longer than 2′ x 2′
- Remove covers and binding from hardcover books
- Soda, Water, and other Drink Bottles
- Food & Household Bottles, Jars and Jugs
- Dairy Containers and Lids
- Produce, Bakery and Deli Containers
Does Not Accept
- Plastic Bags, Wrap or Film
- Motor Oil Bottles
- Remove all screw caps and discard.
- Rinse bottles and jugs.
Acceptable Aluminum & Steel
- Aluminum Cans and Bottles
- Steel, Tin and Bi-Metal Cans
- Empty Aerosol Cans
Does Not Accept
- Aluminum Pans or Foil
- Empty Paint Cans
- Rinse cans and bottles.
- No Need to remove labels.
- Food and Beverage Bottles and Jars
Does Not Accept
- Windows, Ceramics or China
- Rinse bottles and jars.
- Metal caps and lids should be recycled, discard plastic caps and lids.
Are you needing to get rid of an old mattress?
Click on the following link for more details on how to get rid of an old mattress:
Winnebago County Solid Waste/Recycling
100 W County Road Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021 – SUNNYVIEW TRANSFER STATION STANDARD TIPPING FEE RATE SCHEDULE
* ALL LOADS ENTERING MUST BE SECURED AND COVERED WITH A TARP
** SAFETY VESTS REQUIRED IN TRANSFER STATION
GENERAL WASTE and RECYCLABLES
- $15.00 Minimum Fee – $15.00 per load (all vehicles 750 lbs. or less).
- $44.00/Ton General Refuse – All weighed vehicles over 750 lbs. are prorated at $44.00/Ton with a $15.00 minimum charge.
- $30.00/Ton Yard Waste/Brush – Leaves, grass clippings, garden debris and brush less than 6” diameter (no plastic bags allowed). All weighed vehicles over 750 lbs. are prorated at $30.00/Ton with a $15.00 minimum charge.Contaminated loads will be assessed an additional $50.00/Ton fee.
- $44.00/Ton Construction and Demolition – Clean wood, metal, new drywall, vinyl siding (no treated/painted wood or drywall or asbestos containing materials allowed). All weighed vehicles over 750 lbs. are prorated at $44.00/Ton with a $15.00 minimum charge. Contaminated loads will be assessed an additional $50.00/Ton fee.
- $44.00/Ton Asphalt Shingles – Clean asphalt shingles (Non Asbestos) from residential dwellings of (4) units or less and must be free from cedar shakes, wood, metal and other residential debris/trash. All weighed vehicles over 750 lbs. are prorated at $44.00/Ton with a
- $15.00 minimum charge. Contaminated loads will be assessed an additional $50.00/Ton fee.
Call Ahead Single Stream Recycling – Commercially collected recyclable cardboard, paper, bottles & cans (no plastic bags allowed). Rates change monthly. Contaminated loads will be assessed an additional $50.00/Ton fee.
WINNEBAGO COUNTY RESIDENTIAL/HOUSEHOLD RECYCLABLES
- $13.00/Each Appliances – Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, freezers, refrigerators, soda machines, water coolers, etc.
- $5.00/Each Appliances – Microwaves, dishwashers, furnaces/boilers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, water heaters, etc.
- $4.00/Each Vehicle Tires – 16” or less; More than 5 tires are charged by weight.
- $6.00/Each Vehicle Tires – Larger than 16”; More than 5 tires are charged by weight.
- $9.00/Each Tractor Tires – More than 5 tires are charged by weight.
- $190.00/Ton Loads of Tires – More than 5 tires are charged by weight.
- $1.00/Each Batteries – Lead-acid batteries; placed in battery collection bin only.
- No Charge Used Oil – No Anti-freeze, water or other contaminants; user empties into collection tank.
- No Charge Used Oil Filters – No charge for the first 4 filters, and $0.50/each thereafter.
- No Charge Used Oil Absorbents – No charge for rags, pads, socks, granular/sand, etc.
- $1.00/Gal Used Anti-Freeze – No oil or other contaminants; user empties into collection tank.
- $5.00/Each Propane Tanks – Must be empty. Valves must be removed.
- $20.00/Each Televisions – 32” or greater (measured diagonally) (Limit 4).
- $15.00/Each Televisions – Less than 32” (measured diagonally) (Limit 4).
- $5.00/Each Computers/Electronics – Monitor, laptop, CPU, printer, DVD player or VCR (Limit 4).
- No Charge Keyboards, mice, speakers, cords or cell phones.
- $0.50/Each Bulbs – Fluorescent (4’ or less), incandescent (Limit 25).
- $1.00/Each Bulbs – Fluorescent (greater than 4’), metal halide, sodium vapor, LED, ultraviolet, etc. (Limit 25).
No Charge Cars or pickup trucks with residential cardboard, paper, bottles & cans.
WASTES THAT REQUIRE SPECIAL APPROVAL – PLEASE CALL FOR INFORMATION/PRICING
- Asbestos Containing Materials
- Commercial and Industrial Special Wastes
- Contaminated Soils
Residential Asphalt Shingles– For additional information click on the link: Recycle Residential Asphalt Shingles
For more information on Winnebago County Solid Waste closure dates, please click on the following link: Winnebago County Closure Dates