Town Permits Required:
- Solar energy systems
- Home additions
- Home remodels, including basements and attics
- Accessory buildings
- Plumbing, HVAC (new or replacement), electrical, and generators
- Minor projects valued at $1,000 or more
- Replacement doors and windows
Town Projects not Requiring Permits:
- Roofing repair or replacement
- Wind energy systems
*For more information on permits required by the Town, please contact the Town’s Building Inspector.
The Town of Algoma is under Winnebago County Zoning. County staff issue a variety of permits under their jurisdiction, including new fences, stormwater and erosion control, shoreland building or improvements, septic systems, and pools.